Wednesday, January 9, 2013

The War Wages On....



It's Day 6 of Apartment Therapy's January Cure, and the task is deceptively simple: to frame some artwork you’ve been meaning to hang. So I’ll be picking up a couple of frames on my way home from Target (they’ve got some decent ones on sale… or they did on Monday). 

 As I mentioned, ahem, a year and a half ago (I am so special), my dining room/ kitchen is going for a WWII-theme. I was going to do 2 vintage repro propaganda posters but…I kind of bought a WWII-themed Doctor Who poster. Because I had to.  But I still need one more poster. I have an awesome  retro clock, one poster, and a strong need for a second. But which one? I have it narrowed down to 4.

See, Poster I have, Clock I have, Posters to choose from.

Also, I don’t know if they’ll need mats. I’m thinking yes. Then the question is, do I cut the mats myself, or have them cut for me? I do actually have beveled mat-cutter and some experience cutting mats from going to art school for 2 years when I found out that NONE of the community college’s design classes transferred to 4 year school but ALL of the fine arts classes did. So I matted a lot. But that was long ago… and frankly, I was never any good at it. Actually, it got worse when we had to start mounting things onto board for design school. In summation, I think the fact that I have the focus of a goldfish with a head injury works against me. 

Oh, yeah, the point! Anyway, GETTING things matted is expensive but buying mats and cutting them yourself is pretty reasonable. And you know I’m cheap. So…. I’ll probably see if I can pay attention for the 5 minutes it takes to cut a mat. 10 for 2…. It’s adding up quick and I’m already losing interest- not a good sign.

Anyway, do you have a favorite from the above posters?

No comments:

Post a Comment